Over the last year I’ve been sharing my recommendations for London itineraries on the A Lady in London blog. From one day to four, I’ve written about the best ways to see the city in whatever amount of time you have. You’ve told me you like them, so today I’m going to share my 5-day London itinerary. I hope it helps you plan your trips.

5-Day London Itinerary

5-Day London Itinerary

5 days is a great amount of time to see London and travel a bit further afield. I recommend starting with my 4-day itinerary and adding a day trip. There are amazing places to explore within an hour or two of London, and no matter what your interests are or when you visit, there’s a perfect day trip for you.

V and A Museum, London

If you’re traveling to London in a particular season and want to take a day trip that’s a good fit for the time of year, I’ve written guides to the best day trips from London in summer, winter, and spring (autumn coming soon!). If you’re more concerned about taking a day trip that suits your interests, I’ve written about 15 day trips from London tailored to your preferences. Whether you want castles or the coast, you’ll find something to love.

Stratford upon Avon

I’ve taken all these trips, and recommend them from personal experience. You can read more about day trips in Frommer’s Best Day Trips from London, too. If you’re in the UK, get it here. If you’re in the US, get it here.

Arlington Row, Cotswolds

If you can’t get enough of London, I recommend spending the final day of your 5-day London itinerary in one of three ways. First, you can explore another of the neighborhoods in my 4-day itinerary.

Red Phone Box in London

Second, you can visit one of the city’s hidden or secret museums (or one of the bigger ones if you didn’t have time for all of them in your first three days). If the weather is nice, you can also explore the parks and gardens.

V and A Cafe, London

Third, you can discover more of the city on foot. I’ve written a number of detailed self-guided walks of London as well as an overview of some walks in popular areas of the city. Given my favorite way to see London is walking, I can’t recommend them enough.

South Kensington Mews

However you spend your final day in London, I hope you enjoy your stay!

How about you? What would you include in a 5-day London itinerary?

Some of the links in this blog post are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I earn a small commission when you click on them and make a purchase. It doesn’t affect the way you shop, and it’s a great way to support the A Lady in London blog.

5-Day London Itinerary

12 Comments on Lady’s 5-Day London Itinerary

1. Jacqueline
    July 10, 2017 at 6:32 am (2 weeks ago)

I can’t wait to plan a good 5 days in London! xx

July 10, 2017 at 9:25 am (2 weeks ago)

Nice! I hope you have a good trip when you do.

2. Annah
    July 10, 2017 at 9:34 am (2 weeks ago)

I was in London for the 4th time at the end of may and we(me, mom and a workmate) was there for 6 days, the first day we went to Twinings then we took a stroll along S:t Katherines Dock, and then ended the day at Marble Arch. The second day began with mom and me taking the underground to Stratford and visiting Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, we spent like three hours there, then in the afternoon we took a stroll in Kensington Gardens. The third day we took the underground to Kew Gardens where we spent a couple hours then in the afternoon we did a bit of souvenir shopping at Harrods and then we took a stroll in Hyde Park. On the fourth day we went to Notting Hill and after that we took the underground to Waterloo and we went to Queen Elizabeth Hall rooftop Gardens after that we took bus number 11 to it’s end station in Fulham and then we took the same bus back. On the fifth day we visited Arsenals home arena Emirates Stadium and did a tour and afterwards we went to Camden. On the sixth day we strolled along Paddington Basin and to Little Venice and then to Merchant’s Square, Paddington. So i would add visiting Kew Gardens, Twinings, Elizabeth Hall rooftop Gardens, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and Paddington Basin up to Little Venice.

3. Niche
    July 11, 2017 at 3:54 am (2 weeks ago)

I’m heading to London and Paris in early October. This is very helpful for planning. So thank you!!! Looking forward to your autumn write up.

4. Valeria
    July 11, 2017 at 6:07 am (1 week ago)

I love your blog! I’ve been in London a lot or times but everytime i plan a new journey I come back here to read your posts. The next London holyday it’t going to be in September and It will be a special One: the first time in London with my twins (10 months old in September). I’m studing itineraries to do with the stroller and pur day trip will be the Kew Gardens (never been before and I can use the boat). Greetings from Italy!

July 11, 2017 at 8:19 am (1 week ago)

That’s great! I hope you have a lovely trip!

5. Sarah Goldsworthy
    July 11, 2017 at 10:31 am (1 week ago)

Looking forward to your autumn day trips post. I’ll be in London for the 5th time in Nov for about 9 days and am looking at doing a day trip or two during my visit

6. Mary
    July 13, 2017 at 2:10 pm (1 week ago)

Great post! You’ve covered so many perfect compilations of things to do in a 5 day span. London is so full of great events, a unique history, and a special vibe you just can’t find anywhere else. Thanks so much for putting this list together!